Myanmar Monitoring and Evaluation Association (MMEA) is a professional association in Myanmar established in March 2016. MMEA is trying to address the challenges of conducting Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) in Myanmar with the main purposes of promoting M&E culture and its use beyond accountability, maintaining professional integrity, and provide learning opportunities. MMEA opens to a wide range of membership (with a particular interest in M&E) coming from different backgrounds. In line with its background, MMEA set the following vision, mission and objectives.
MMEA will strengthen monitoring and evaluation (M&E) as a critical professional discipline through promoting learning, maintaining professional integrity, strengthening its quality and utility and connecting with other M&E entities within the country and beyond.
Our vision is to serve as a professional community in Myanmar that creates an enabling environment for M&E through evidence-based decision making for equitable and sustainable development in Myanmar
- To further develop the professional capacities of M&E practitioners in Myanmar at both individual and institutional levels
- To promote M&E culture, its utility and values among different stakeholders in Myanmar
- To strengthen accountability and governance of all stakeholders including the government
- To maintain professional integrity and quality of M&E practices in Myanmar
- To broaden the boundaries of M&E related learning within and outside of Myanmar
Dr. ANNE COGHLAN
Ana Coghlan is ...
PYAE PHYO MAUNG
Coordinator and Steering Committee Member
Pyae Phyo Maung is an evaluation consultant and currently working as an M&E specialist for Livelihood and Food Security Trust Fund (LIFT) UNOPS in Myanmar. He has been working in program monitoring and evaluation field in different community development sectors for more than eight years. He had completed the Masters degree in Evaluation from the University of Melbourne in 2014. He is a regular member of American Evaluation Association (AEA).
MYAT KHET NYO
Steering Committee Member
Myat Khet Nyo is ....
U KHIN MAUNG LWIN
Dr. THEIN THAN HTAY